Why You Should Consider Home Standby Generators?November 10, 2017
Home standby generators can be a breath of life in times of an emergency.
Are you on the fence in possibly investing one for your home? As much as you want to prepare for the worst, sometimes it’s out of your control. It is difficult to predict times when you won’t have power for days, and the worry that comes with how you will provide for your home during that time. When you think about using a generator, there are some thoughts you need to take into account.
- What are you trying to power?
- How much power will it consume?
- What type fuel will you want to use?
- Will this fit in your budget?
The Pros of Home Standby Generators
- When the power goes out, home standby generators automatically come on meaning that food stays fresh in the fridge, electronics stay charged, and the lights stay on. That also means that no time is spent in the dark ages with candles and lack of communication. Your TV will still be powered to receive news and updates.
- When the power goes out, your heat and air will not with home standby generators. That means staying at a comfortable temperature throughout the time a power outage. This can be very important especially if there are children and elderly present.
- Larger generators can power your entire home. Smaller portable generators can only power so much. This comes down to a game of picking and choosing what you want to receive power during a power outage.
- Home standby generators are connected to your natural gas line. This is a much cheaper, cleaner alternative to gas and diesel fuel.
- You will still be able to cook meals when the power goes out.
- You don’t have to do anything. There is no refueling the generator, no fumbling with switches, or throwing your shoulder out trying to get it started. The ease of mind knowing that you can stay inside with your family, which is the most important place you need to be.
- Home standby generators need to be professionally installed. This is because they are connected securely to your electrical panel and the ground.
- Maintenance is required just like any other engine or motor.
Want more information? Northside Power & Electric will provide all the trained personnel to install the gas plumbing, electrical connections, inspections and proper equipment start up to insure your new Home Standby generator operates properly for years to come.